Monday, February 9, 2015

HDR Photography

High-dynamic-range, mainly known as HDR, images are a type of imagery made out of a set of photographs taken at the highest and lowest exposure rates. When using HDR you can create images with great detail and a variety of colors. HDR photography, used right, can make a image pop and it can give you an image that looks just like the scenery you are viewing with your own eyes. I enjoy HDR photography because it's a great way to get the images you want, like I said before, it can make a image pop and look amazing. However, when using HDR it's also possible to make your images look fake, it can add to much color or a glow to your photos. Also, when using HDR Photography it's better to have no movement in your images because it can create ghosts, and though you can get rid of them it won't always look so good.

To create an HDR image you first need to find a scenery that you want to capture. You need to then take several shots of the scenery, all at different exposure rates. It's a good rule of thumb to start at negative three and work your way up to positive three. After you have all your photos you put them into photoshop and under File you will see "Automate", under automate you will click on "Merge to HDR Pro". It will let you find your files and you then press okay, from there you can edit your HDR photograph to make it yours. That was the longer process, some phones and other electronic devices have the option of letting you take HDR photos. Using electronic devises that can do this is easy and you don't have to do much except take the photo, your electronic devise will take photos with different exposure rates and merge them without taking much time. The only bad part about this is that it doesn't allow you to edit the way the HDR photo turns out.

Below I have three of my HDR photos. The first one is just a landscape, I wanted to catch the colors of the sky. Making the bright colors of the sun really pop and also have that contrast with the darker areas of the sky. While taking this photo I found the sky more interesting than the foreground, so i moved the horizon line lower in the photo so I could capture the sky better. In my second photo I have a HDR portrait. The main focus is to be on the person in the photo and their eyes. I used leading lines to point and draw more attention to her. In this photo the background is darker and it helps to make her pop more. In my last photo we needed to merge the photos and add a inspirational word. It was kind hard to create this last picture because of the position she's in. So, following the rule of thirds and made her eyes match up the the right higher third to make seem like she's looking out to the left. I chose the word dream because it seemed to match the photo and gave a yellowish color to match the sky.





27 comments:

  1. Cool landscape Sophia. I really like how your cutout is high quality. I also like how your images look surreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your landscape photo, very surrealistic. I think your subject should be moved a little more to the left. But I really like how your text relates to your image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Very Well done, maybe fix the cutoff of her arm and leg, but this is a very surreal image, WELL DONE SOPHIA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE your experiment photo and your landscape photo! I really love the colors! Great job on the rule of thirds and the surreality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the landscape!
    Maybe work on the cutout a little more.
    Really cool Superimpose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great surrealism, cut-out quality could've been improved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos and both very surreal. Cut out quality could be improved, but everything else is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your landscape photo. I think your text could be improved a bit, but I really like how it relates to your image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome surrealism! Your cut out quality could be improved but is decent. Nice focal point that is within the rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did an amazing job, and have absolutely beautiful images! I feel like your text could stand out a bit more, but I love how you placed your portrait. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING JOB!!!! I really like the colors in the sky, your rule of thirds and you text is very good and easy to real!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colors, they look amazing! I think the word could stand out a bit better but the surrealism is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. great writing
    next time bring all your images to the botom
    great surelness

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job! Your Landscape is amazing (The Sky Is Amazing!! >O<), your text size could be adjusted, but overall, your Rule Of Thirds is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very well done Sophia! Very surreal! I think that your text could have been a little larger. Great use of rule of thirds and focus!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww! Your curser is awesome! Anyways, very well done! The surrealism is perfect. I think your word could be a little closer together. Overall, I love the rule of thirds!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very colorful superimpose.
    Maybe make the word a bit bigger.
    Great rule of thirds.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really great job on using the Quick Selection tool. I really like how big your text is and it's really noticeable. I really like the position of your subject since it's like behind the sky. The drop shadow could have been placed somewhere else I guess. Maybe facing the sun? Either way, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the colors in both of your photos. Your cutout could be a little better. I like the color and font of your word.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like the colors in your sky! Really surreal.
    I think to improve this, you could have made the cut out slight better.
    Overall, I love all your colors and the way you placed your sister in the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely amazing landscape photo and portrait!!!!!
    Cutout quality could be improved
    Great surrealism, rule of thirds, and focal point Amazing work Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing job Sophia! I really like the surrealism in both of the photos.
    I think you could have improved your cut-out image.
    Over-all great work! I love your landscape photo as well as the color and font of your word... it went well with the image!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice surreal images. I noticed that you cut off some of her face. Nice colors in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  26. amsing photos i would change cut out quality.over all great photo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great pictures! I really like how surreal your pictures are. I think that you could've improved your cut out quality. I also like how big and bold your text is.

    ReplyDelete

Cute Ghost 5