Thursday, March 12, 2015

Typography Images

Typography is a style of art created from text. You can arrange the text to take a form that reflects the image and words being used to create something eye catching and meaningful. Typography can be reflected in many ways, for example you can create a portrait using typography. The words you decide to use should describe your subject. Typography can be used to make a lasting impact by using words that can say far more than just a plain photo can. It creates a mood and can give more meaning to an image. Typography is a different and interesting way to express something that can make people stop and stare.

During this project there have been a few small problems that I've run into. So far, the biggest challenge I have faced is working with an image where there aren't many shadows but a lot of mid tones and highlights. For my teacher project I had to start over on the last day because the image I was working with had too many mid tones and everything was blending. That left me little time to get my final teacher image done, but I did it. I used an image with better contrast and did the best I could. It could still use some work, though it looks alright for something rushed.

For this project we used three different tutorials. The first tutorial was for an innovator, the second tutorial was for a teacher, and the third tutorial was for a typography of ourselves. For the innovator I chose to do Marie Curie, she was the first woman to win a Nobel prize. I took a paragraph from Wikipedia about her to use for my text. The next typography image was on a teacher from our school. I chose to do Mrs. Ruvalcaba, our 7th grade counselor, and the words I used to create the image were words that described her. For my last typography, the one on myself, I used three words. One for my shadows, one for the dark grays, and one for light grays. The words I used are idealist, creative and pumped, each word describing me. Of all my typography photos the one of myself is my favorite and not because it was a photo of me. The process through creating it was the most fun and interesting, I really liked the way the text turned out, and it's clear that it's a typography of myself.

27 comments:

  1. Wow Sophia I really love your Me typography! I love how the letters like flow down your face. Although you could of got some highlights in your left eye. Other than that its a very nice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors you chose for you typography image.
    I think you could've added more to the background rather that just having it as a plain background.
    I also like how you can clearly read most of your words and I also like how you used the same word over and over again in each layer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your final its great i can see the words! But i would of changed the color to stand out more. Overall this is great and also a has great words is yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very visible words. You could've changed to better or brighter colors. Overall good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how we can see words clearly. Something that could of been better is how the highlights cover your face, but the colors match really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really great!
    I have no clue what could be improved for this because it is so good! Maybe just have a little more highlights.
    The words are very clear, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your color scheme, but maybe next time you could come up with a better way for your left eye to come out more clearly. Overall great job and really nice cut out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an amazing picture and your words are perfectly executed and I love your words they really suit you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woah Sophia, I am blown away! This looks so professional! One possible way you could improve would be the cut out on the right side by your ponytail. Awesome color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, awesome job Sophia! I like how clearly you can see all of your words. I think next time some of your facial features could be more clear, but I can clearly tell that it is you. I really like your use of negative space, and overall, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really nice typography good job. Maybe next time you can make the eyes a little easier to see. THe text colors really blend in good together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome photo! It's really good, though maybe you could show more of your other words, as "creative" really dominates your portrait. Overall, it's really good, and the details are amazing. The colours compliment each other well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Sophia Amazing Work! I love how you can really see the the detail of the portraits and the color.
    The black and white portrait has some random out of place lines that could be gone.
    Great levels of vibrance in you final Me portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really nice typography good job. Maybe next time you can make the eyes a little easier to see. THe text colors really blend in good together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yous really well. But the only thing that I think could make this better is bring out your eye a little more. I love your words I can clearly see your words and you described your self really well this is amazing well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like your color theme. Although, it is a bit hard to see one of your eyes. Maybe next time you could use an effect that would made your eyes more recognizable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The words are very clear and I can read most of them.
    It's a little difficult to see your left eye, but there might of not been much you could do about it.
    The colors are soft and blend nicely with your final. Good job Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome work, I really like your typography image of yourself.
    Maybe next time you could maybe fill in the blank spaces in your teacher typography image.
    Over all I really enjoy the colors you chose and that I can see the words you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like that there is a color scheme! It looks really good! To make it even better, you could try to make the outline of your face a little more popped out. Great work overall!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like how you can see all of your words well and it all fits together.
    I think that maybe you could've added more highlights because there are some places that could use more of a balance.
    I also like how you used natural colors to make your image.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good job Sophia! I really like how well you carried out your Final self portrait. The text is extremely easy to read. Maybe next time... you could have added a little more color. You have a great balance between your highlights and shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like the colors that you use and how they compliment each other. I can't find anything that you could have done better, really awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely typography Sophia! I really like how your text really looks like you and your eyes are very visible. One thing I suggest is to reduce the number of times you use creative because I feel like it takes away the spotlights from your other words. However, I like how you pick certain words that describes you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really like the colors that you used... I can't find anything that you could have done better... you did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I really like how visible your words are!
    I think you could have improved your highlights
    But over-all, I love your typography image... I also really like the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Woah! I like how the colors and texts are arranged magically to be appealing!
    While that is amazingly done, maybe next time try to make your left eye more visible?
    Your word choices really describe you (especially pumped!), so an awesome job; well done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like the colors, its kind of hard to see your eyes but overall awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Cute Ghost 5