Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Visual Poem



Recently we did a visual poem. We were to write a poem about anything we wanted and to turn it into a video with visuals, whether with pictures or video clips. I did my poem on accomplishment. How we try so hard to do something and achieve our goal, but it doesn't always go the way we want. We run into trial and error, constantly practicing to perfect this skill and wanting someone to acknowledge this and compliment you. I wrote my poem on what its like to try and accomplish something that you, yourself really want. It could be math, singing, drawing, soccer, baseball, it could be anything, but in my video I chose to portray this concept with someone who wants to to acting.

In my video I didn't add that many special effects. In a few clips I did use color correct to darken or lighten it, but not any special effects that are out in your face and noticeable. I also used a transition in the beginning. For my visual poem I didn't want any big and out there special effects. Those special effects didn't appeal to me, so I only put in simple and very few effects. I think it gives my video a more natural mood.

I am satisfied with the end result of my visual poem, I do however think somethings things could be improved. Some of these clips weren't planned out as well as they should've been. I worked hard on my poem and did my best shooting the video clips to create this. Still, I could've reshot some clips or re-recorded my voice over. However I did not, but other than that I'm happy and satisfied with my finished product.

22 comments:

  1. Great poem and backround music.
    Dude...audio. MY EARS!
    I really liked your rhyme scheme and B-Roll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice b-roll it went along with what you were saying.
    Try to talk a little slower next time.
    Great audio level!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Sophia! I really liked the clarity of your B-Roll and there wasn't much camera movement! One thing I suggest is to slow down a little because it was going a tad too fast. However, your voice had a lot of expression that makes up for that.
    Keep up the great work Sophia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice B-roll shots, I liked how they related directly to what you were saying. When you said "Disappointments to fade into the gray" maybe you could've added an effect of fading to gray... Your voice was clear and understandable, great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very impressive writing, I loved your poem! One thing that could be improved is the audio, it started a bit loud. Your B-Roll was very relevant and well filmed in pretty much every shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the poem and the B-role matched very well.
    You could eliminate some camera movement
    I really like the part with the failure on the skin and washing off like the poem was saying

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked how you used Brandi's point of view.
    The audio was a bit loud, or you could've turned up the music.
    The shots were really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The introduction shots were nice and vibrant. The text layovers were hard to see in the last shot. nice voiceover very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked the emotion that you showed in the visuals. You could have put in effects. Your voiceover was clear and easy to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked how all your b-roll matched with what you were saying. I think that you could've lowered the audio levels a bit, but I liked how you read your poem with emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1.) I really liked how your b-roll matched with what you were saying.
    2.) I think you could have gotten more b-roll outside of school.
    3.) Over-all your poem had a great message... I really liked the last line, "Like imaginary ointment"

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really liked how you voiceover was really clear and understandable.
    The ending was a little out of focus.
    I also liked how your b-roll matched what you were saying your poem.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the imaginary ointment part. There was a little camera movement. Your poem was read perfectly and there was great sequencing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The music was a nice touch.
    Transitioning from one shot to the next could be worked on.
    Great shots, the shot of washing hands was good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Sophia! Really like your poem and the main idea of it.
    I think if you put a soft music in the background it would have put a little more interest into the viewer. But even without the music it was really good.
    I also like your actress. Good job acting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your words were so clever and well thought out, I loved the ending especially.
    I guess you could of put more expression in your voice
    Your B-Roll was humorous and meaningful at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  17. 'Ello Sophia! I really liked how you used a lot of visual examples as if making it literal. One thing you could change is talking a little slower. And another thing I liked about your video was that a lot of the shots you had was stable.

    ReplyDelete
  18. that was great. it was relatable and made sense. i liked the message and the voice over was clear.
    Although clear, the voice over was a bit loud also talk a little slower.
    Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really liked your Voice Over volume, the way you read your script fluently and what your clips did, they just all match. I think you could've improved on maybe getting other shot of a part that just seems like it doesn't match. But this story is overall a good one because of its editing and its editor

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved your poem and how the video matched what you were saying. The last shot was a little blurry and I couldn't read the bottle on the left. The music blended really well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job Sophia! The poem was read very clearly!
    For one thing, how about slowing down on your poem?
    But still, the B-Roll was excellent! It relates to what you're saying!
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Cute Ghost 5