Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Movie Poster Promo

Our current project we are working on is a Movie Trailer. The story my teammates and I chose to do is titled Plain Ride Home. This story is about a man named Bill who is given a list of trials by a cop. This list is Bills written freedom because before the cop encountered him he was caught on camera steeling. This list will grant Bill his freedom to go home to see his family in time for Christmas. Now, every movie needs a poster to go along with it. In the poster is our main character Bill, Justice, and Cop DJMax, Maceo. These two characters will be the two main people you will see our movie trailer. In this poster they are in the airport featured in our movie trailer.

The title Plain Ride Home was actually supposed to be Plane Ride Home. But the word plane didn't really match since it doesn't have much to do with our story so we changed it to plain because this may not be an ordinary way home, but to Bill it's his ordinary or his Plain Ride Home. In my poster I have also included the names of both the characters and the actors playing them. Another thing I added was a movie review from Oprah Winfrey and John Green, because lets be honest who wouldn't listen to a review by Oprah? While working on our posters we used kerning, kerning is what we use to create spacing between words and letters to create an interesting effect so you have eye pleasing text. We use this to make text more interesting than it would be just naturally left, it grabs attention and as I said before it's eye pleasing.

Layer effects and filters can either ruin or make your creation amazing. Using layer effects and filters can draw attention to the areas you want and add interest to your image. For my movie poster I used the quick selection tool and color balance for my background and main images. I even added a blur effect to my background image. As for my text I used Stroke, Drop Shadow, Inner Shadow, Bevel and Emboss, a layer gradient, and a few other effects to make it pop. I was shooting for my poster to make a more comedic and Christmassy mood, since our movie is a comedy and set around Christmas time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Cute Ghost 5