Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back To School


On 8/4/14 I started the beginning of 8th grade. Luckily this year I have Advisory with all my friends. So, the first thing that we did was compare classes. We all got into most of the classes we wanted. We have a few classes in common, including G.T., Honors English, and Honors Math. Most of us were lucky enough to get the elective class we wanted. I got into the elective of art with my old Advisory teacher Mrs. Sanderl.

So far everything was been going well. There have been some challenges that I have faced. Given that we are 8th graders now more is expected from us. Over the first week of school we have already been given homework and class assignments. And with different classes and different assignments it's a bit hard to keep up with some of the work. Though we've had a lot of work it's a nice start off for the year because now we know what is expected and how hard we have work.

This year since we have Mr. Sanderl as our Advisory teacher, who is also our G.T. teacher, we get to start the morning announcements first. This year we have different equipment and have the system Black Magic to work with. I got the job of audio. I watch the audio levels. Make sure the audio isn't too loud and at the same time isn't too soft. Overall, this has been my favorite moment this school year.

To be successful this year I'm going to stop procrastinating, do my homework early, and make sure I understand what is being taught. In 7th grade and 6th grade it was easy to procrastinate because the teachers were more laid back and didn't give us as much work. Now, just being in school for a week I can tell that the teachers are not laid back and when they say something is due. It's due, no exceptions unless maybe you were sick and not in school.

1 comment:

  1. You had great clear videos.
    You had some shaky shots witch if you would of took on a tripod they would be more still.
    you had clear sounds of the music witch i thought was good.

    ReplyDelete

Cute Ghost 5